Saturday, July 3, 2010

My First Story At The Dinner Theatre

I have performed at the annual Dinner Theatre every year since fourth grade, and that's when this picture was taken. My speech was about a local legend, "The Dancing Ghost of Grancer Harrison". In the process of that story, I had to learn a lot about the history of Kinston, Alabama. Most of this came from a direct descendant of Grancer Harrison, Mrs. Patterson. And I enjoyed that speech a lot. It wasn't one of my best performances, though. I used note cards!!!!! It was actually my worst performance. Of course, it would win any contest, it just doesn't fit my standards for perfection. Luckily, I've been invited back to the Dinner Theatre every year since then. This year, my performance was in the newspapers, Enterprise Ledger and Elba Clipper. Great!!

No comments:

Post a Comment